THE WOMAN AT THE DOCKS (THE GRASSI FAMILY #1) BY JESSICA GADZIALA


★★★★★

THE WOMAN AT THE DOCKS (THE GRASSI FAMILY #1) BY JESSICA GADZIALA


I'm already super excited for a new mafia release and better yet, it's going to turn into a series where we are able to read about the individual guys in the family!

At first, I didn't think I was going to love this book as much as I did. Then, as I read the beginning I really enjoyed it - it was something very different to anything mafia I had read before and yet it still felt really good.

I was surprised by the hero and heroine in this novel. I LOVED both of them, Luca was such an interesting character - he had such a soft side to him, which is ironic because he's a big bad mafia boss. In reality, all he wants is love and family which was really cute.

Romy was so badass and it was so refreshing to read about a female that didn't really frustrate me and thought for herself, as well as for others. I loved reading her and those final scenes where she protected Luca like that was AMAZING, she was really well written and I loved those final chapters.

That twist in the story I DID NOT expect, not going to lie but I thought Matteo was the rat and it was going to be him all along. When it was actually revealed I was shocked, I was not picturing that - but it was such a good twist and I'm glad Romy got retribution it's what she deserved.

I really loved this book and it's so underrated, I'm so excited to see where this series is headed. I think we get a little glimpse into Lorenzo and his future girl (I don't know, possibly?) But, I loved his character and do hope we get a book on him. I'm also super excited to read about Lucky more too. This series has lots of potential!

Comments

Popular Posts